We're going to India! We're going to India! (cha cha cha).

Eli has made me put on Nandini's princess costume... and, of course, being the chocolate loving gal I am (and being 31 years older), the only thing that fits me is the hot pink feather decorated crown and the glitter/streamer decorated magic wand... but anyway, I am decked out in a crown and waving a wand and Eli is wearing his knight costume with his Spiderman mask and we are cha-cha'ing around the living room with our new favorite song... "We're Going to India. We're going to In-di-A".

Yep, we finally got our travel clearance yesterday.

We're going to India!

So, what a relief. The stress is finally rolling off my shoulders. I do know that it will quickly be replaced with the realization that we have to fly to Charlotte, then New York, then to Delhi... resulting in a NINETEEN hour non-stop flight from Delhi to NY on the way back and an overnight stay in NYC and then NY to Charlotte to Dallas on the way back... but I will not think about that at this moment... b/c this moment is all about us...

Going to India. Going to India. (cha cha cha).

Anyway, we moved our flights up a week b/c our original schedule didn't allow for the embassy to be closed on Thanksgiving, so we moved it up a week. Oh wait. Oh man.

******************************************

Okay, I just returned to the computer. As I was typing up the info, I realized that the U.S. Embassy is closed on Nov 9 because of Diwali.. which is the day we planned on filing our adoption papers. So... I had to shoot another email off to the travel agent... who I know without a doubt hopes he never has to hear from me again. This is turning out to be a nightmare.

We are still going to India. I'm just not sure when. We might be able to leave on Nov 8 and just really have to book it to get everything processed. Yikes. Okay, give me a few hours and hopefully I'll be back on here cha cha'ing with our final plans.

Noah's Mom

0 comments:

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Blogger news

Blogroll

ban nha mat pho ha noi bán nhà mặt phố hà nội