Tomorrow's our big bake sale and raffle for Sarah's Covenant Homes. If you missed the original post, you can find it HERE. Our goal was to raise $1500 for Sarah's kids and so far we've raised $1315!!
$380 of that was through online donations and $935 was raised locally or through generous bloggers who sent money through the mail. Thank you so much!!
We are $185 short of our goal. If anyone would like to buy a ticket (s) online, you would need to do so by 7:30 CST tomorrow MORNING. We'll be leaving shortly after that to set up the bake sale, so all online tickets need to be purchased soon.
We'll be holding the drawing at 2:00pm tomorrow afternoon at a local grocery store and all winners will be notified by 5:00pm CST. I'll also announce first names and locations on my blog.
Thanks again to everyone who has helped make this fundraiser a success. I cannot begin to express how in awe I am of everyone who has stepped up to help. There have been so many heartwarming donations that just make me want to cry thinking about them, but I don't know if I have permission to share them on the blog... but, just know, that I've found that it's people who need the money the most that give it so freely. I have never in my life seen so many generous, selfless donations.
I hope you all know that you are making a major contribution towards changing someone's life. I'm not going to forget this. I'm going to let you know exactly what we get with this money - YOUR money. And I'll keep you informed and we'll take plenty of pictures.... and, well, I don't know. I just want you all to feel a part of it - because this could not have happened - would not
have happened with YOU.
So thank you all so much - and here's hoping we meet our goal!
Just to refresh your memory:
Tickets are $5 each or 5 for $20.
1st prize: Wilson NFL game ball autographed by Emmitt Smith
2nd prize: iPod Touch 16gb
3rd prize: Nintendo Wii
Soooo.... who's feeling lucky?
Friday, November 13, 2009
0 comments:
Post a Comment