Here are a few pictures from the adoption finalization that I posted about a few days ago. Isn't Nandi cute??








And would you like to know why I'm wearing glasses? Remember, last month.. how I completely dedicated a week of my life to watching Michael Phelps win all his golds? Well, during that time, in my sleep-deprived stupor, I gathered a load of dirty clothes off the bathroom counter and inadvertently scooped up my contact lens case with them. And since I'm a lazy cow and can't take the 2 seconds necessary to actually tighten the lid on the lens case each night, the lenses feel out in the wash.

That's right. My lenses went through the wash - spin cycle and all. Probably the cleanest they've ever been.

R.I.P. you beloved disposable contacts. I know I was only meant to wear you for two weeks, but you saw me through 2 1/2 fantastic months.

It's okay. My eye doctor doesn't read this blog.

Anyway, my prescription ran out and so I had to get my eyes checked to get new lenses - and I simply wasn't organized enough to get all that done before Nandi's finalization. Even though I had a month.

Besides there are more important things to notice - like the fact that Nandi wore her hairbow through the entire ceremony. Granted, it was only 5 minutes and she yanked it out immediately after - but she was blissfully coiffed and coordinated for the pictures.

Seriously, though, the most important thing of all is that that's the day we officially became a family. So in the immortal words of Sister Sledge... "We are family. Get up everybody and sing!"

So get on up and do the funky dance. Celebrate the fact that we have a daughter. Our daughter has a family. And our sons have a baby sister. Life is good.

And I don't need my contacts to see that.



0 comments:

Popular Posts

Blogger templates

Blogger news

Blogroll

Archive

ban nha mat pho ha noi bán nhà mặt phố hà nội