And this...
Oh my. If you could only have seen the look on his face. PURE JOY.
Can you read the message that Anoop wrote? It says, "To Noah, from your biggest fan! Anoop Desai".
When I read that to Noah, he had the biggest, sweetest smile on his face. So beautiful. And then he carried the button around the house for a good 20 minutes until I finally had to pry it away from him.
I was telling Mike, aka Clefhangerfan, (the guy who orchestrated all of this) that sometimes Noah's behavior is so bizzare sometimes and he's so often in his own little world that I wonder if I didn't make all this up.
You know, is it just a dream? Did it really happen? Was it just my imagination?
But almost every single time that Noah hears Anoop sing on American Idol or listens to his CD's or gets a package in the mail, it never fails to bring a smile to his face.
And it just lets me know that this is real. That music is powerful and it's healing -and it's beautiful.
I am blown away by the generosity of people - by the generosity of 22 year old college guys. Not just Anoop, but also the Clefhangers. Steve, the president of the Clefhangers, is wearing a Noah button in tonight's Spring concert. These guys have never met Noah and they are treating him like a beloved little brother.
I don't know about you, but I don't know many college guys who would embrace an anonymous 7 year old autistic kid the way they have.
Doesn't it just reassure you - doesn't it make you feel good - to know that there are some good guys left? Maybe I'm just a sentimental old fool, but I find it extremely heartwarming.
Anyway, I just had to share it with all of you. Thank you so much, Mike, for everything you've done for Noah. We will always remember your kindness... and I promise that, somehow, Noah and I will "pay it forward".
And, Dinah, I'm not sure if you even read this blog, but I don't think I've ever properly thanked you for contacting "Clefhangerfan" and letting him know about Noah. I've never met you, but am touched that Noah's video touched you enough to let the Clefhangers know... and all of this came about because you cared enough to send an email.
It may have been one little email to you, but it was the email that started it all... and I thank you.
Well, I'm off to church. (We go on Saturday night.) Guess I have a little bit of praising to do... ;-)
Leslie
0 comments:
Post a Comment